ArcSafe® X50 Arc Flash Switching Hood 52 cal/cm2
The ArcSafe® X50 Arc Flash Switching Hood incorporates our new highly transparent ArcSafe face shield. The hood provides the user with full colour recognition. This new fabric system is ideal for hot conditions and wicks moisture away from the body improving wearer comfort.
- Outer Fabric: etek™ NXT™
- Lining Fabric: T-Gard® III Plus
- Traditional hood design
- Integrated hard hat
Face Shield – Highly Transparent Grey with Full Colour Recognition
- The grey-coloured highly transparent face shield allows for full-colour recognition
- The nanoparticle formula ensures the performance of the shield is not negatively affected when scratched
- Abrasion-resistant coating on the front surface and a permanent anti-fog coating on the interior.
- Arcsafe® Arcvents
- Rear ArcVents can be added for additional ventilation, the release of heat and carbon dioxide and auditory communication improvement.
Standards and Certification:
- This ArcSafe® X50 Arc Flash protective garment has been independently tested by Kinectrics to ASTM F2178-08 Standard Test Method for Determining the Arc Rating and Standard Specification for Face Protective Products.
- X50 Garments comply with the Personal Protective Equipment requirements of AS 4836:2011 Safe working on or near low-voltage electrical installations and equipment and ENA NENS 09 -2014 National Guideline for the Selection, Use and Maintenance of PPE for Electrical Arc Hazards – Arc Rated Garments and Hoods.
- Meets Standards for Flame Resistant Fabrics – ASTM F1506 and NFPA 70E,
- Arc Rating: ATPV – 52cal/cm; PPE4 (HRC4)
IMPORTANT: NFPA 70E Compliance requires wearing of the whole system (3-piece) as ONE UNIT. 3 Pieces including hood/ coat / leggings or hood/ jacket/ bib & brace trousers. Once a garment has been exposed to an arc flash, it must be removed from service.
- Remove fabric component from face shield components and follow Fabric/ Garment Care Instructions.
- Wash face shield and other plastic components with a mild detergent and water. Rinse well and dry with soft cloth or chamois.